Thursday, December 23, 2010

Different aspects of Quran reading

The Quran reading is a source of many virtues for the Muslims. First, the recitation brings virtues. The people who experience difficulty in the recitation get even more virtues. Then if one applies the knowledge of the Quran reading, to transform his or her life there are even more virtues.

The Quran reading requires the familiarity of the Arabic script as it is revealed in Arabic.

Yusuf [12:2] “Surely We have revealed it-- an Arabic Quran-- that you may understand”.

When someone decides to do the Quran reading, one must keep the following verse of the Quran in mind.

Al-Isra [17:88] Say: “If men and jinn should combine together to bring the like of this Quran, they could not bring the like of it, though some of them were aiders of others”.

Trying to omit anything or change anything during the Quran reading is a big sin. For reference, a verse of Quran is given as follows.

Yunus [10:15] “And when Our clear communications are recited to them, those who hope not for Our meeting say: Bring a Quran other than this or change it. Say: It does not beseem me that I should change it of myself; I follow naught but what is revealed to me; surely I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the punishment of a mighty day”.

0 comments: